Monday, January 28, 2013

How to Make: Toothpaste Dots

A quick and simple way to bring toothpaste on the trail without having to carry a tube of toothpaste. To use, just pop one of the dots in your mouth with a small amount of water, then start brushing!
__________________________________________________________________________________

  • Make sure the toothpaste you are using isn't the kind with gel in it. My first attempt at making these I used gel toothpaste and it never set.
  • Put small dollops of toothpaste on a sheet of foil, make them as big as you want them to be. 
  • Make just a few or stock up for your next few trips. 

  • After 2 - 3 days gently peel off the toothpaste dots and coat them with baking soda so they don't stick to each other.
  • Store them in a small baggie or container.
__________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

I was just reading about the toothpaste dots in a book called Ultralight Backpackin' Tips by Mike Clelland. So I came looking for images or a video online and found your blog. Thanks for sharing the photos and info on the toothpaste dots. Very cool and useful tip.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my post!

-Jessie

PLEASE HELP! I have been drying mine out for two days and my trip is in a few hours and they still aren't set, what should I do?????

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More