Thursday, August 23, 2012

Glacier national Park- Two Medicine Lake to North Shore Trailhead

This is the second half of my first ever trip to Glacier National Park in Montana. It was such a great trip! I am really looking forward to going back in the future to see more of this amazingly beautiful park. About two weeks before this backpacking trip we were backpacking in Olympic National Park and I sprained my ankle, because of this, my ankle was still giving me trouble in Montana. During this part of our trip to Glacier I started having some pain in my ankle so I decided to hike back out to the trailhead from No Name lake two days early while Eric and Steve continued the rest of the loop. Luckily we had camped with a lovely young couple from Boston who happen to be hiking out the same way I was, so for about 8 miles I got to listen to them chant "HEY BEAR! HO BEAR!" over and over again... When I finally got back to Two Medicine Trailhead I drove over to the campsites near North Shore Trailhead and car camped for a night then waited the next day for Eric and Steve to finish the rest of the hike. As usual I had a blast, and the huckleberries were a major plus!

How to get there:
From the Mt- 49 north/ Looking Glass Hill Road toward 2 Medicine Road, turn left onto 2 medicine Road and park in the parking lot at the end of the road.

Itinerary Part 2:
Day 1- 
Two Medicine Lake Trailhead
Cobalt Lake
Day 2- 
Cobalt lake 
No Name Lake
Day 3- 
No Name Lake 
over Dawson pass to Campsite
Day 4- 
Leave Campsite 
Hike to North Shore Trailhead (car waiting)

Day hikes from Two Medicine:
Cobalt Lake- 11.2 miles
No Name Lake- 5.4 miles
Dawson/ Pitamakan Pass Loop- 20.6 miles

Links:
Glacier Part 1
Photos (Subscribe Only)
Videos
Facebook Page
Knot the Ordinary- Store
Rice Krispie Creations- Store
Weather.com
Leave No Trace
Glacier National Park

1 comments:

I'll bet that was a beautiful hike from the photos you took. You are lucky to be able to hike in these places.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More