Friday, May 25, 2012

Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest SOlite Sleeping Pad


Review: About 5 months ago I was all set to leave for a three day hiking trip, when it dawned on me that I had no sleeping pad! So I drove to the REI near my house and bought the cheapest one they had, Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest SOlite Sleeping Pad  $25, the Regular size sleeping pad was on sale it usually is sold for $30. 

Before I get into the review of this sleeping pad, theres one thing I need to share. I am a light sleeper, even after hiking all day and being exhausted its hard for me to fall asleep and even when I'm asleep I wake up and move around a lot. Not everyone sleeps the same, there are sleeping pads feel amazing to some people and completely unusable to others. I have hiked with people who can literally sleep on any surface, and somehow still get a good nights sleep!

So now, onto the review of the Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest SOlite Sleeping Pad. After using this sleeping pad on numerous hiking trips I have to say I ordered an inflatable sleeping pad. I found this sleeping pad to be extremely uncomfortable to sleep on and woke up in the morning with far more pain than when I went to sleep, making it hard to want to hike 10+ miles that day. After that said, there are some good qualities about this sleeping pad, the aluminized surface works great at keeping you warm on those chilly mornings. This sleeping pad doesn't roll up small but does weight only 14 ounces. Overall this sleeping pad is great for those backpackers who can sleep almost anywhere but don't like waking up freezing cold in the early mornings or what I plan on doing is pairing this foam sleeping pad with my new inflatable one for extra comfort and warmth. However you choose to enjoy this sleeping pad one thing is for sure, you get what you pay for!

Price: $20- $40 BUY HERE

Specs:
For specs on the Large and Small size sleeping pads visit the REI website.
Best Use- Backpacking
Pad Type- Foam Pad
Pad Shape- Rectangular 
Insulation Type- Closed cell foam
Packed Size- 8x20 inches
Pad Length- 72 inches
Pad Width- 20 inches
Pad Thickness- 0.62 inches
Weight- 14 ounces 

Final Review:
★★☆☆☆

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More