Friday, May 18, 2012

First Aid Kit

Jessie's Review: About 5 months ago I bought the REI Day Pack First Aid Kit at one of their stores. When buying anything I bring out on the trail with me, especially something that could potentially save myself or someone else's life, I spend a long time researching it. After looking at tons of first aid kits REI's first aid kits stuck out as the best. I bought the Day Pack First Aid kit but they also sell multiday kits and backpacker kits. What I loved the most about these first aid kits where that they came with a small reference book called The Wilderness First Aid Manual by Dr. William Forget that covers the most common reasons a hiker would need to use a first aid kit along with what everything in your kit does and how to use it.

upon opening my first aid kit for the first time I found that there was still lots of "wasted" room, so I gathered a few more things I thought my first aid kit could use and I still have room! This little pack measures 7x4.5x1.5 inches and I have managed to add an elastic bandage wrap, an emergency blanket, chap stick, Liquid Skin, Bic Lighter, a good amount of toilet paper in a zip lock bag, a single Toasti toes foot warmer, and a magnesium fire starter. Thats not even including all the extra band-aids I added! BUY IT HERE!

I hike a few times a week and every Monday with a small group that includes a few children, I have had many many chances to use this first aid kit over the last 5 months and I have to say BUY IT! Its a great value for what it comes with and the extra room to add even more stuff is a plus. Its small, lightweight, and will fit in or attach to any backpack. 


Price: $12


What it comes with
The kit includes: two 3x0.75in. adhesive bandages, three 3x1in. adhesive bandages, 2 knuckle adhesive bandages, 2 fingertip bandages, and 2 butterfly closures. Two 2x2in. gauze pads, one 3x3in. gauze pad, one 4x3in. piece of moleskin, and 2.5 yd. x 0.5in. roll of tape. 

Three antibacterial wipes, 2 triple- antibiotic ointment packets, and 2 sting relief wipes. Two Mutralox mint antacid tables, 2 Proprinal ibuprofen 200mg. tablets, 2 Cetafen acetaminophen 325mg. tablets, and one Histaprin diphenhydramine 25mg tablet. There are also a pair of bandage scissors and splinter forceps.


Final Review:
★★★★★

Pros:
Packs small/ compresses
Simple to use
Effective
Good instructions. manual
Easy to pack
Expandable
Cheap
Lightweight

Cons:
None

Best Uses:
Day Trips
Backpacking
Camping
In the Car









6 comments:

I enjoyed reading your blog a lot. I'm really impressed!

First aid gloves

Thank you Amber, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Having a first aid kit in any home or business is absolutely essential. From small cuts to larger medical issues, a first aid kit can solve a range of medical problems.

Click Here

Another good place to have a first aid kit is when you go out with your family. You can store it in your vehicle so if something happens when you are out somewhere you can start treating the problem immediately.

Click Here

Everyone must be aware of the necessity of a first aid kit in their home and car. Businesses corporations must have necessary first aid supplies, located somewhere in their facility. If the building is large, they should have separate kits in each section.

First Aid Kits

Sometimes all of us all can overlook some very important necessities in our home and one, unfortunately, is a first-aid kit. Each and every household should have a basic kid of some type in case of an emergency. There are many benefits to having a well-stocked first-aid kit because we never know if or when it will be needed.

First Aid Kits

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More